Monday 11 April 2016

We've been making hay while the sun shines!

I've been the regional coordinator in Northland for nearly seven years, and never in all that time have I had five schools running CiH in Term 1!!  It's a wonderful feeling to be up and running so early in the school year, not to mention working with an amazingly dedicated group of principals, trainers and techs.

As mentioned in previous posts, we've been trialling Chromebooks as the training and take-home device for our families.  Northlander's recognise the importance of being involved in their children's education, and there were plenty of 'nods' around the room when I explained why we're focusing on a device that directly relates to what their kids are using in the classroom. It was fantastic to meet all the participating families during the information sessions as it's one of my favourite parts of the job - people connecting with people.

As Northlander's we sometimes like to think we lead the way in particular areas, and hopefully this pilot will be so successful that I can continue to provide my community with an opportunity to gain not only an awesome digital device, but to upskill in cloud computing, internet safety and security and social media to name but a few new skills.

Schools currently running Computers in Homes in Term 1, 2016:



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contact Google Customer Support Help Number New Zealand +64-09889-2002, Google Online Technical Support Team will resolve all Google Account issue like password, sign in, user, google map, business, G Suite etc with in quick time get information visit here Google Contact Help Number New Zealand

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. ip69k pc

    ReplyDelete